Dr. David Judge specializes in the treatment of corneal disease, cataracts, and LASIK procedures. Dr. Judge has held several teaching positions including Chief Resident at the Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport, LA. Dr. Judge also served as a consultant for Anterior Segment Ophthalmology at King Khaled Eye Specialist Hospital in Rvadh, Saudi Arabia for two years. He has also authored several articles in medial journals as well as several professional presentations.
- What do you enjoy most about being an eye doctor/surgeon? Helping people see better, maintaining their ocular health, alleviating eye pain and feeling that my patients appreciate that I care about them.
- If you were not in medicine, what career would you pursue? Depends on which alter ego “takes up the slack” – massage therapist, soccer coach, writer, blues singer/harmonica player, lifeguard.
- Do you have any pets? A 14 yr. old dog, Rosie and a 3 yr. old cat, Maxx
- How do you spend your time away from the office? I enjoy traveling with my wife Cyndi and outdoor activities, attending live music and sporting events, and cultural festivals. I am a member of the Lion’s club, participate in missions and local ministry activities; I am also an active member at Jacksonville First United Methodist Church where I am a part-time Sunday School teacher and confirmation class leader.
Fellowship: Dean McGee Eye Institute, Oklahoma City, OK
Residency: LSU Medical Center, Shreveport, LA
Doctor of Medicine: University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, TN
Undergraduate: Cullman Westminster College, Fulton, MO
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- New Orleans Academy of Ophthalmology